Subject: RE: Lafayette Assoc.
From: "Herb Wise" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Herb murphy" <[email-masked]>, "Bill Fraser" <[email-masked]>, "Ernie Lester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:47:34 -0600

Ron,
 
I'm sorry to have taken so long answering your e-mail. I have been
getting to work at 6AM to have time to conduct Lafayette business before
the day starts.
 
Before I received your e-mail, I had offered the vice-president position
to Jamie Duel, our old XO. He hasn't accepted yet, he is looking at all
we have going on and trying to get a feel of the things he would want us
to do. I think that he will accept though. Herb Murphy has agreed to
fill the Treasurer's position through the next reunion. Richard Murphy
(Nav ET) has volunteered to be our Chaplin.
 
I am still looking for a Storekeeper, Historian. Newsletter editor, and
a Photographer as well as help on the Membership Committee and the
Reunion Committee. If Jamie Duel accepts the VP position, he will be the
chairman of the Membership Committee and he has also is thinking of
leading the Reunion Committee.
 
We (the board) had a conference call last week and settled some
organizational things. At the first reunion, we voted to look at
Charleston, SC for our next reunion and Bill Knight was to host this
area. Nothing has been done and we no longer have a host in this area.
In order to keep this issue moving, we have approved a motion to have
the location of the next reunion selected by the board at our next
telephone conference in about 2-weeks. We are trying to find locations
with a host to head the Reunion Committee. Albuquerque, NM has been
offered with Jamie Duel as host so far.
 
Ron, are you interested in any of this positions? I really do appreciate
your offer to help and would like to have you . 
 
Check out the web site, we have added an area for the board to put info
for the members. I will have a letter there soon.
 
Your Shipmate,
 
Herb
 
PS say hi to Sally for me.  
 
----- Original Message ----- 
From: [email-masked] 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:32 PM
Subject: Lafayette Assoc.
 
Hi Herb & Ila,
 
Will try to get this e-mail to you again.
 
In response to your plea I will volunteer to be the vice president for
Lafayette Association if Herb thinks that we can work together again
after all of these years. Just let me know what my duties are and how I
can help with the next reunion.
 
Sorry to hear about all the health problems in your family, maybe things
will get better for your sister.
 
Sally will answer your e-mail as soon as I get off the computer.
 
Will say good bye for now,
 
Love,
 
Ron & Sally
 
________________________________

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.11/191 - Release Date:
12/02/2005